Thursday, October 11, 2007

First Lines (asg. 5)

Part One:
1. Adding a core value, and the wrong one at that, TayFay was going down.
2. It was this morning they noticed the addition that had been made to the dining hall wall. Where the four core values were once draped above the kitchen doors now hung a fifth, slightly higher than the rest.
3. All remained the same as before. All but for a 4x12 plaque of wood suspended above the kitchen doors.
4. "Patricks not gonna be happy"
"I sure as hell don't want to be around when he sees it"
5. He had it comming, guess being in-camp cooking all summer got to him.

4 comments:

claire said...

I like number 2 and 4 the most.

claire said...

they make you want to read more

David R said...

Number 4 is my favorite. It creates one big mystery and makes me the reader want to read more into the story to find out what will happen.

Katie said...

I like number 3 because it manages to make something as mundane as a plague of wood seem mysterious.