Monday, December 3, 2007

"I am a thinker and I think this" (Assg.10)

1. I see a lot of trash in our world that could be recycled and this concerns me. It's ridiculous how much stuff we put in landfills that could be composted or recycled. I feel concerned because I'd like to have an ozone layer and be able to breathe?
2. All of my buddies have pretty dynamic personalities and I'm not about to write about one of them on the Internet... that's creepy and unsafe.
3. Wagon Wheel written by Bob Dylan (and then added to by Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show) is a piece of writing I like a lot. It's inspired me to go paddling more.

3 comments:

robena said...

i like what you said about number one but you could of said a little more in number 2 like why their awesome and just use a fake name

Mr. Miles said...

I have never been in a school where there hasn't been a recycling program, but so many kids just throw cans in the paper recycling (or vice versa) which means that the custodians have to throw it all away. I think that's annoying. It's not laziness, just an attempt to disregard authority to the detriment of the planet.

I think a bigger issue is the number of kids driving to school when they could just as easily take a bus. I know kids like the freedom, but it is seriously destroying our ozone. I would gladly take a bus to school if it could get me here on time. I think that should be a major ad campaign, the amount of carbon senselessly emitted into the air from car exhuast from students driving to school when they don't need to.

claire said...

I totally agree with you on the recycling piece, and ozone layer would be nice for my grandchildren...