Tuesday, February 5, 2008

film blog deal

Movies are good like many other things in this world. Trees are probably better but this isn't Art of Tree. Harold and Maude is a pretty bomb ass movie, so is Alice's Restaurant. But that's mainly because I'm partial to the likes of Arlo Guthrie and Cat Stevens. There are a shitton of factors that make a movie 'good'. Not only do the screenplay and actors have to be good but so does the crowd you're viewing the film with. Take Mr. and Mrs. Smith; the first time I saw it was on a laptop with my moms friends kid of whom I'm not too fond of and I remember the movie sucking, but the second time I saw it was with a bunch of bomb-ass kids up at Menogyn on a projector sprawled across the floor and the movie was ten times better. Everybody is entitled to their own ideas on what makes a movie good and that's just fine by me. Being out in the wilderness is still better though. ten fold. absolutely no comparison.

No comments: